Friday, February 22, 2013

Prefix Game Freebie and TWO Snow days!

Hello darlings!  I feel like I have been MIA.  Sorry about that.  I have been neglecting blogging and have been making a bunch of activities instead...

How is the weather where you are?  I am in O'Fallon, Missouri about an hour West of St. Louis.  We had a big (for us anyway) snowstorm yesterday and so school was canceled.  The roads were so bad that school was canceled today as well.  I think we got about 6 inches of snow here.  Finally enough to make a snowman!  Sorry I don't have a pic of my snowman, but I do have a video of my dog going out into it.  For all my friends who never get snow, here is a little clip for you!

This is my pup, Cullen (black one) and my mom's dog Roxie, who I was pet sitting.  It is not the best quality video and yes, Cullen does use the restroom... but you can see how hard the snow was falling and how deep it was.


I wanted to give you a center activity that you could use with your kiddos next week.  We are doing prefixes in spelling, so this center activity is all about the prefixes -un and -dis.  I hope your kiddos love it! Click the pic to download.  Graphics are copyright: DJinkers.






Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute freebie! Thank you! You were very productive!

    Dogs are so funny in the snow!!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love snow days? I live in Texas, so they rarely happen, but two years ago, we had a freak snow storm. The snow stayed on the ground for about 6 days (that's a long time here), and it was coooold! I drove to school in the snow on Monday, and that was it for the week! We had snow days for the rest of the week - not because of ice on the roads, but because Dallas was experiencing rolling blackouts all week. So I had a little mini-vacation. And the best part of it all was that we didn't have to make it up because the state said it was out of our control! Whoohooo!

    Take care
    karen
    LittleSecond-GradeSomebodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that you didn't have to make it up! I think ALL snow days should be free days! It is like God is saying, "These people need a break!" lol

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the 2 snow days!! I am always happy when I find a new third grade blogger!! Love the freebie!! Thanks! I am your newest follower!!

    Kathy O.
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Kathy! I will have to come check out your blog! I am so glad to find another third grade teacher!

      Delete
  4. Very cute - we have this standard (well, some form of it) in kindergarten. Thanks!
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger