Monday, June 3, 2013

Tackle It Tuesday: CCSS 3.W.3 Narrative Writing

Hello darlings!  Welcome to the second installment of Tackle It Tuesday: CCSS!

This week I would like to share two Narrative Writing resources I use with my kiddos.  This covers Common Core State Standard 3.W.3.

Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
a. Establish a situation and introduce a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
b. Use dialogue and descriptions of actions, thoughts, and feelings to develop experiences and events or show the response of characters to situations.
c. Use temporal words and phrases to signal event orders.
d. Provide a sense of closure.



Download the freebies by clicking the pic above! 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Don't forget to link up below!!  
3TeacherChicks

Linky Rules:

1. Link to a BLOG POST (no stores please) that contains a free OR priced Common Core Activity.
2. Include the Tackle It Tuesday Button with a link back to my blog.
3. Include the CCSS in your title.



11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these resources.
    I work with all grade levels and as a district we are diving deeper into writing CCSS next year.
    I look forward to showing these to my teachers.
    Hope you have a great summer!
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is awesome!

    I've downloaded to check out in more detail!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I just realized I wasn't following you- now I am!

      Delete
    2. I love your conferring checklist! It is a great way to keep track of who has mastered the important skills. Thanks for sharing!

      Jennifer
      Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the amazing freebie! I am so glad I found your blog through the linky! Love everything I've read so far :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and missed the linky! I'll come back next week.

    Jeanette

    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Do you know if anyone has made

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole passage about the ccss 3w3 and the narrative side of the whole passage is really good in some decorative way which i must say https://www.summarizing.biz/best-summarizing-strategies/best-summarize-tool-online/ You can find more info here

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger