Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best Sharpener of all time (No joke!)

Hello darlings!  I hope your Christmas was fantastic!  One of my most favorite little gifts this year (way before Christmas) was the Quiet Pencil Sharpener.  I had seen this sharpener around in the Blogosphere and heard that it worked really well.

Let me tell you, I have had NO luck with any pencil sharpeners in my nine years of teaching.  It seems the pencil companies are making really cruddy pencils.  And don't even get me started with the cute, foil design pencils.  Those would never sharpen.  I've talked with many teachers who all had the same problem, so at least I felt better that it wasn't just me and my kiddos.
So.. I decided to give this sharpener a try.  Holy cow, does it work!  It sharpens beautifully and the lead doesn't fall out or break off. It even sharpens the foil designed pencils.  I was so excited, I took the sharpener around to a bunch of my teacher friends to see what they thought.  (It was first thing in the morning before all the kids arrived and I know they thought I was crazy, until they sharpened the pencil, that is!)  They were super excited and asked if they could get one.

I also decided not to post about the sharpener until my KIDDOS had used it for a full month.  I wanted to see if it was kid proof.  I gave them a quick lesson and let them have at it. I was expected it to die within a day, or at least a week.   I am pleased to say, it is still alive, and the kids LOVE that their pencils actually sharpen.  The only issue we had was when a kiddo tried to sharpen a really thick colored pencil.  The lead broke off inside and the little guy actually started crying that he broke it.  He knew how much we all loved the new addition to our classroom.  But it was no big deal, as the sharpener was easy to take apart and it took me 2 minutes to fix it.

(Look at the line!)

I can't say enough good things about this sharpener.  If you have the opportunity, buy one!  Or stop by very soon as I will be having a giveaway for my thirtieth birthday and one of the giveaways will be a sharpener!!!


8 comments:

  1. This Sharpener + Ticonderoga Pencils = Pencil Sharpening Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this out there, too! All teachers deserve a good sharpener!!! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog post and this is nice blog post.. thanks for taking the time to share with us. have a nice day bird vet near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frontech is one of the best manufacturers and suppliers of Brake Pads, Brake Discs. Import fully custom-made brake pads from China. how often should you change your brakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a mere thank you is not enough to appreciate what you’ve done. But for now, it’s all I have to say!
    바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger