Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Favorite Christmas Story

Hey everyone! I hope you are all staying stress free during this busy time of year. I mentioned last week that I love, love, love this time of year! It doesn't feel like it is Christmas time, though with the 70 degree weather. I am not complaining, though! I hate being cold! Anyway, I wanted to share one of my favorite stories to read that is perfect for the holidays.

Where Does Joe Go?







One of my favorite Christmas activities that I do every year goes along with the book, “Where Does Joe Go?” by Tracey Campbell Pearson. This is a great book to use for making predictions. I begin by reading part of the book, then I stop before the last page and have my students write and illustrate where they think Joe goes during the winter. Scroll down for a summary of the story!

 Click on the picture below to download a free copy!



Summary of “Where Does Joe Go?”:

Joe's Snack Bar is a favorite summer spot where happy customers from all over town come to buy ice cream cones and french fries. But every time autumn rolls around, Joe shuts down shop and disappears until the next summer. The townspeople all have their own theories about where he goes: "He's gone to the moon," cries tiny June. "He's on a safari," says Charlie McFarley. "In Okefenokee!" screams Mrs. Bodokey. They're all wrong, of course. Joe's actually in charge at the North Pole three quarters of the year, but only Joe and the reader will ever know. Food-and-fun-filled illustrations show how each person imagines what Joe could be up to.


If you downloaded the "where do you think Joe goes" activity, please comment and tell me what you thought about the book! Also, tell about one of your favorite stories or activities!

Thank you so much for stopping by during this crazy, busy time of year!
  -Shelley
 ThanT
        




1 comment:

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger