Monday, October 8, 2012

The Little Scarecrow Boy Activity




I love to read “The Little Scarecrow Boy” by Margaret Wise Brown. I love to have my students act out the story as I read it. My students make their six fierce faces and we talk about saving his or her fiercest face for last as we act it out. After reading this story throughout the week, I took a picture of each student making his or her fiercest face. Then, we made scarecrows and put our face on the scarecrow. I always incorporate writing into my crafts, so we had to write about what we scared away! 

So, the straw coming out of the hat and hands look a little  Freddy Krueger-ish but I just love them!


Look at the fierce faces!

Here are a couple examples of our writing!
Cheyenne can scare away a koala bear.


Emery can scare away a cardinal.









I would love to hear ideas that you do to go along with this book! Click on the pictures below to download a copy of the activity!


-Shelley




2 comments:

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger