Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Classroom Library & Beach Bum Throwback Sale

Hey pals! Amy and I just got back last night from our wonderful R&R trip to Florida. Like Amy had said, it was a much needed trip for me as well. We definitely enjoyed every minute of being on the beach (laying out, seeing dolphins, walks on the beach, watching the fish and birds, etc.)! I miss the view already! We took so many pictures! These are just two that I took.


Amy & I on the beach before sunset
The view from the doors leading out to the pool/beach area





Since this happens to be my first blog post, I thought I would introduce myself a little bit. I am married to my wonderful husband, Philip. We have been married for almost 2 years (September 10, 2011). We currently don’t have any kids. Philip and I love to travel. As a matter of fact, we just got back from a wonderful week long Paris, France trip on July 22nd (3 days prior to going to Florida with Amy). Besides spending time with him, I love being with my family and friends. I am currently getting my Masters in Educational Technology from Mizzou. So I am always busy! Oh….and in September…I am going to be an aunt to Calliope Ann!! I am SUPER excited about that!

Hubby & I in Paris (July 2013)

Hubby & I in Nashville (January 2013)
Ok…enough about me! So unfortunately this summer is coming to an end for Amy and me. We can get into our classrooms on Friday. Sigh! I wanted to share my classroom library set-up that I started last year. It was a huge success for me and my students. I don’t know about you but I have had some difficulty getting my kiddos to put books back in the correct bin (no matter how much I review and teach how to return books). I used Jessica Winston’s book bin labels to put on the front of my book bins. I used the ones from the previous year but these are her labels (Click on the picture to also go to Jessica’s Blog).
I also printed off numbers (1-30) onto Avery address labels (put several numbers on one label) and gave each bin a number, which I also put numbers on the books that belong within the bins. This helped my kiddos know which bins each book belonged to when they would return books. It helped my library stay SO organized! 
I laminated the labels onto construction paper to make them sturdy and add some color. Then either I hole punched them and used ribbon to tie them onto my book bins (if the book bins had holes on the sides) or put them into a sticky label holder (for the bins that didn’t have holes). I got the label holders from Wal-Mart in the Home section. After putting the labels on and the books in the bins, I put them on the shelves.
This is what my classroom library looked like last year.
 
I got my book bins and student book boxes (along the top of my shelves) from Really Good Stuff. Some of the bins came from Wal-Mart as well.

How do you set up your classroom library?So I must tell you that I never got a chance before we left for Florida to “Throw a Sale” in my TpT Store. Therefore, you can get 20% off of everything within my store from today till Friday! Enjoy! I would love for any new followers on TpT!

I am SO excited to finally be blogging! Have a splendid day!
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a photo of your library. It always helps to have a photo. And on a side note- keep traveling!!! You won't be going very far when you have kids! My husband and I wished we had toured the country more before having our two boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, thank you so much for your comment! :) That's what we figured with Paris. We wanted to be able to travel abroad before kids are in the picture as we don't know if we will ever get another chance to. We are hoping to continue to travel with kids too (alone and with them). However, we obviously don't know what to expect so we shall see! Thanks again!

      Jamie

      Delete
  2. This is been the positive fact which will bring around better understanding that are mostly evident and considered valuable to some instance. proofreading prices

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger