Monday, March 5, 2012

Reading Rubric Freebies

Well here in Missouri, we are getting ready to do report cards.  Yippy!  I love spending hours loading grades into the computer!  Do all of you use a program from your district I wonder?  Anytime I am feeling a little overwhelmed, it makes me feel good to do something nice for someone else, so I decided to "hitcha" with some Reading Rubric Freebies!  Now I can say Yippy and mean it!

The first rubric is one I use to assess my students' reading fluency.  I use it at Parent/Teacher conferences (which we have next week).  It is a good tool for parents to take home to help their kiddos read more fluently.  My parents are always thankful for the feedback and like that it has tips for them at home. 

The second rubric is for Reading Workshop when kiddos are recording their thinking in their Reading Response Journals.  It is a great tool for students to keep with them in their binder so that they can refer back to it.  I usually fill out the rubric with the student during a reading conference.



Please comment and follow us if you like what you see!
Thanks! Amy

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for my award! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fluency rubrics are great! We found through Lesson PLan SOS's blog! We're new, but we hope you'll check us out!

    http://acrossthehallin2nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Missouri are you? I am close to Springfield.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger