Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yee haw!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy, Gretchen and I spent the first few days of our spring break in the great city of Nashville, TN! My favorite thing that we did was horseback riding! My horse, Cherokee, led me through the beautiful countryside without a scratch and I saw a shooting star! I am posting a picture that is a little scary. I tried to edit out our glowing eyes but when I did it made us look like black eyed zombies. I thought the glowing eyes was a little less disturbing! Inspired by my horseback riding experience, I decided to create an activity that is sort of a throw-back to the Mad Libs stories. I'm teaching my students about story elements in reading and writing so, I am going to rewrite the attached story "Horse Tales". I am going to read it to my students with the blanks and we will fill it in whole group. When we are finished, I'm going to go over each sentence and have my students identify the story elements.
 

Click on the links below to download Horse Tales. When your students are finished writing, download the gold stars to give to your star writers!



Amy, Gretchen, and Shelley
Goodbye, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great spring break. I am a fellow TBTS member and I just wanted to come introduce myself. I look forward to chatting with you and learning a lot from all the teachers that have the same goal with their blog!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Shawna! We are your newest followers! Your blog is awesome! I love that it is all about Picture Books!

      Delete

We LOVE comments!

5-Star Blogger